Summer Fun For All or One
Top summer activities to do with solo or with friends
By Nina Sutton
For most people, summertime means fun with family and friends, or even some much deserved downtime. The days are longer, the weather is warm and it seems that there is always something happening! So whether you are joining friends or alone, here is a list of top activities to explore this summer:
July 17, 2017
- Relive your childhood by planning a trip with friends to an amusement park. If you live near a coast line, head to a pier side park. Bonus points if you ride a roller coaster!
- Nothing tastes better than fresh fruit in the summer. Go with friends and family to pick berries at a farm!
- Attend an outdoor concert. Your local newspaper should have listings of bands and dates. Pack a picnic and a bottle of Rosé and invite all of your friends!
- Dining outside is a warm weather must! Invite friends over for a good old fashioned BBQ and assign everyone to bring a BBQ staple; corn, watermelon, hamburgers and of course hot dogs!
- Plan a camping trip; even if it is in your backyard. It will be fun pitching a tent and sleeping under the stars. Be sure to have enough ingredients for smores!
- Learn something new. Summer is a great time to try a new sport or activity. Stand up paddle boarding, beach tennis or golf are all fun things to try.
On Your Own:
- Go for a long bike ride and feel like a kid again with the wind blowing in your hair.
- Visit a museum that you have been wanting to explore; sometimes it is better on your own so you can go at your pace.
- Read a trashy novel shame-free.
- Make a summer playlist. Listening to music makes everything so festive! Create a playlist that puts you in the mood to have some summer fun!
- Visit a farmer’s market; Snag some of the fresh veggies and fruits that are in season. Find recipes that fit your purchases and delight in the taste of farm-to-table food!
- Go for a hike. Hiking is a great activity for exercise and to clear your mind. Take some time to soak up nature and don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers!
- Volunteer. Finding a cause that is dear to you to donate your time to will become the most rewarding part of your summer.