Beauty Inside & Out: Beauty Bars Recipe
A new kind of beauty bar
We’re taking snack time to a new level. Beauty Inside & Out is a series of articles that feature recipes created with
Thermomix , one of the most amazing kitchen appliances ever. These tasty treats have some of the same ingredients you’ll find in our JAFRA Royal Jelly Ritual products, like Manuka Honey and Sunflower Sprout Extract. These recipes aren’t just good for your body; they’re great for your skin, hair and overall gorgeousness!
October 24, 2017
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 20 bars
- Oil (for greasing)
- 2.5 oz. (2/3 cup) unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 oz. (½ cup) goji berries
- 2.5 oz. (2/3 cup) almonds skin on
- 2.5 oz. (2/3 cup) raisins
- 2.5 oz. (2/3 cup) pitted dried cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana (approx. 4.5 oz.)
- 2.5 oz. (4 tablespoons) Manuka Honey or other raw honey
- 2.8 oz. (2/3 cup) rolled oats
- 2 oz. (½ cup) almond meal
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
For a standard food processor, pulse sunflower seeds, goji berries, almonds, raisins and cranberries a few times until coarsely chopped and beat eggs, banana and Manuka Honey until smooth for steps 2-4.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line an 8 in x 12 in baking tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Place sunflower seeds, goji berries, almonds, raisins and cranberries in mixing bowl and chop for 3 seconds with the speed set at 7. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place eggs, banana and Manuka Honey in mixing bowl and beat for 30 seconds with the speed set at 4.
- Add chopped fruit and nuts, rolled oats, almond meal and ground cinnamon and mix for 15 seconds with the speed set at 3. Transfer to the prepared baking tin and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375ºF, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and cut into 20 bars. Allow to cool completely before separating and storing.
Added Bonus: The dried fruit in this recipe can be switched out for dried dates, figs, blueberries, apricots, whatever fruit you’re into! These bars store very well in the freezer and can be eaten without thawing.
The Beautiful Benefits:
Goji berries contain 11 of the 22 essential dietary trace minerals, so they pack quite the dietary punch. They help firm, tighten and plump the appearance of your skin. They also contain a high amount of vitamin C, which is also known for being helpful in firming, tightening and protecting your skin from environmental stressors. Sunflower seeds are a great source of protein and are enriched with vitamins and minerals that promote healthy hair and give it a beautiful shine. They are rich in vitamin E as well, which protects your skin from cell damage and promotes healthy skin. Sunflower seeds also contain copper, which is a must for maintaining healthy skin. Manuka honey promotes skin regeneration and soothes inflamed skin while reducing redness. It also lessens scarring and oxygenates your pores while drawing out bacteria to give you some extra help in acne-prone areas.