You Art What You Eat
Create these delectable treats inspired by Vesen Delice!
By Nicole White
Humanity’s love affair with food has been going on for as long as we’ve been, well, human. We sing songs praising berries, wine, and cake, create art depicting colorful soup cans or a massive reflective bean, and draw perfected oils from foods so we can smell their very essence. Our love story is one that has many beautiful highs (the creation of flavored lip gloss or scented nail polish definitely fall in those categories), and some probably questionable moments (maybe those scented markers from art class? You know the ones.). Either way, food and the creation of beauty products have long been intertwined – and Vesen Delice has just kicked it up another notch. (Where is Emeril when I need him…)
March 23, 2022
If you’ve already had the pleasure of spritzing on this new fragrance, then you know the gourmand inspired delights that come with the experience. Vesen Delice brings the beauty of nature, the freshness of strawberries, and the playful mood of a picnic on a summer day. Your senses are enrobed in a delicious blend of juicy strawberry, creamy mascarpone, and rich patchouli.
Life is a delicious picnic! Allow Vesen Delice to entice your senses and lead you on an olfactory journey that will let your imagination run wild as you plan the perfect spread. Consider all five senses as you create a menu that would make any foodie proud. What delectable treats will you prepare for your guests?! Fragrance-inspired finger-licking goodness is coming your way!
Strawberry Fields Forever
For centuries strawberries have been an emblem of love, sensuality, springtime, and harvest. Their perfect ruby exterior, the inspiration for pouts and puckers around the globe. Their flavor profile sparks new sweet and savory dishes in restaurants and cookbooks every year, and creates delectable delights that enliven the senses and tingle the taste buds…
- If you’re looking for a new take on chocolate-covered strawberries, this super simple recipe is perfect for you! Flavor your melted white chocolate with matcha powder, and then sprinkle your strawberries with black and white sesame seeds after dipping. The green coating on the berries looks beautiful for any summer picnic – and you could even play around with this recipe by trying other powdered mix-ins like freeze-dried flavorings such as raspberries! You can find the full recipe here.
- Salads are a staple for dinner parties – but also a great option for picnics! Instead of the traditional “fruit salad” where fruits are just thrown together to let their juices marry… try to think outside the box and consider some boulder, non-traditional, and even more savory flavors. Many up-scale restaurants pair strawberries with strong cheeses (like a Stilton or Bleu Cheese), balsamic dressings, or nuts. If you want to be really daring with your fruit salad, my husband adds cinnamon, clove, and chili powder to his fruit salad – and it is always a crowd pleaser!
Strawberry, Mascarpone, and Marsala, OH MY!
This budini (Italian for “pudding”) is layered similarly to an English trifle, and combines strawberries, mascarpone, marsala, as well as amaretti cookies. It is a simple and easy-to-make recipe – only slightly sweet, so it is perfect for those who don’t like overly decadent or overly sweet desserts! You can find the full recipe here.
Sweet & Dreamy!
Whether you need a summer picnic staple, or the perfect palette-pleaser for a living room floor picnic – then fruit and mascarpone is the way to go! In summer, grill your fruit over an open flame – some great options include peaches, grapes, watermelon, apples, or strawberries. In Winter, poach your fruit in juice or wine – some great options include peaches, plums, dates, and various berries. When your fruit is cooked, top it with a dollop of mascarpone! YUM!
You can also serve your grilled or poached fruits while they’re still warm as a topping for a plethora of sweet or savory dishes! Of course, you can still add a dollop of mascarpone on top, too! Here are some delicious (and some daring) examples:
If you prefer chilled desserts, or are low on time, simply combine berries with mascarpone and add some chopped mint for a fresh twist!
- Ice cream or sorbet
- Hamburger (grilled pineapple or watermelon would be great here!)
- French toast
When Art Falls Apart
Sometimes even the best laid plans don’t work out... have you ever baked a cake that you thought would be a beautiful masterpiece, only to go to turn it out of the pan and have it crumbled before your eyes? Or have part of it stick to the inside of your cake pan? Vesen Delice may be able to provide a delicious solution! Next time this unfortunate cake-tastrophe happens, there are two delicious ways that Vesen Delice can save the day!
Bite-Size Vesen Delice Inspiration:
Cake pop Vesen Delice Inspiration:
- Cut the cake into bite-size pieces
- Top each piece with a small dollop of mascarpone and a slice of strawberry.
- Chill in the fridge – then enjoy!
- Crumble all the cake into a bowl
- Mix in some of your favorite frosting and add mascarpone for added flavor and creaminess!
- Roll cake & frosting mixture into balls and skewer with lollipop sticks
- Melt white chocolate and add freeze-dried strawberries for color and flavor – Vesen Delice style!
- Dip your cake pops into the melted chocolate
- Chill in the fridge – then enjoy!
Time To Pucker Up, Buttercup
The one thing missing to go with all these dishes, the thing you really need on a beautiful summer day at a picnic, is a delicious cold beverage! To make homemade strawberry lemonade, you only need four ingredients: strawberries, water, sugar, and lemons.
1.Gather your ingredients:
a.½ lb fresh strawberries
b.1 ½ cups granulated sugar
c.4 ½ 5 cups water, divided
d.1 ½ cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (likely from 7-8 med lemons)
2.Cut the stem off half of your strawberries and toss them in your food processor to puree them. Strain the puree through a sieve to remove seeds.
3.In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir sugar in 2 cups water.
4.Bring to boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
5.Strain lemon juice through a sieve into a pitcher. Add the simple syrup and pureed strawberries and stir to combine. Refrigerate until cold.
6.When ready, add 2 ½ cups water to taste (you can add more water if it's too sweet).
7.Serve over ice!
I hope that these fun and tasty recipes will help you to enjoy a picnic with foodie friends, gourmet treats, and the beauty of nature all around. Vesen Delice invites us to imagine the happiness of a delicious picnic and to find beauty in every day; rain, shine, or snow. What a beautiful way to live and see the world!