Because I’ll be the first to admit that when this all first started…the memes I would see on Instagram showing a girl with rooty hair, thin eyebrows, bad skin and messed up gel nails made me actually laugh out loud…
Is it still funny now? Over a month later? Not so much.
I do my own eyebrows (tbh I don’t need much grooming there), and I don’t get manicures regularly, but there are two things that give me just a smidge of extra anxiety during quarantine…my now insanely dark roots (with a gray patch to boot!) and also seeing the effects of my low-dose Botox fade around my eyes. Now, I can’t do anything about the former (post coming soon with tips from my hair colorist, Dawn Tracey), but when my marketing client launched their new JAFRA ROYAL Defy skincare ritual
, I knew that two of the products from the new launch could quite possibly be my Botox-saving grace.
Now you guys know I consider myself a skincare expert of sorts (and I see and test a LOT of products), so when you see something on this blog that means that it’s really, really good
(like this skincare ritual), and has impressed me (which, admittedly, does take a lot of doing, ha).
JAFRA’s ROYAL Defy line targets the 10 signs of aging in skin, and within just four weeks (they have amazing consumer study results) these products restore elasticity, and volume, and even help with the skin’s texture and deepest wrinkles.
THE AGE-DEFYING DEFY INGREDIENTS THEY USE:
Here are the two products from the line that I’ve been using every day and loving…
- Royal Jelly: An ingredient that worker bees feed the queen bee that keeps her healthy and increases her lifespan (cruelty-free, of course). This ingredient recharges the skin with a cocktail of vitamins, minerals, soothing fatty acids and peptides.
- Royal JELLY RJx: This exclusive JAFRA technology delivers royal jelly’s benefits with more potency, helping skin look and act younger…for longer.
- NEW! Royal Jelly Oil: Rich in fatty acid 10-hydroxy decenoic acid, this emollient supercharges moisture, strengthens the skin’s surface, restores elasticity and clarity, and boosts radiance.
- White Truffle: White truffle is nature’s gold. Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, this precious super food visibly hydrates and firms the skin, evens tone, and protects against the appearance of future damage.
Let’s start with the JAFRA ROYAL Defy Active Firming Serum
…the “hero” of the line, if you will. This hyper-potent serum features a soft-focus technology that diffuses fine lines and wrinkles and, after four weeks, helps to diminish deep lines and makes the skin firmer, smoothed, sculpted, even-textured, luminous and full of youthful bounce. #Blessed
It has all the Royal Jelly goodness, in addition to white truffle, niacinamide
(my new favorite!), hyaluronic acid, and a peptide complex. In the brand’s consumer study, 96% of testers saw firmer, lifted, more supple, smooth, plump, radiant-looking skin after only four weeks
Next up is JAFRA ROYAL Defy Lift Express Eye Treatment
. What caught my attention about this product is its water to powder formula
– it feels SO NICE WHEN YOU APPLY THIS. The cooling gel eye treatment has a massaging applicator and also boasts the same soft-focus technology that the serum has. It’s honestly just so good that I’ve been applying it at least twice a day and I’m almost out of it, lol.
This eye treatment instantly hydrates and cools once it touches your skin, as a flexible matrix visibly lifts and reduces lines.
I love it as a primer for under-eye concealer but, after four weeks, even when used as a regular eye treatment, contours appear fuller and less hollow. Crepey skin and sagginess looks smoothed and firmed, under-eye bags are reduced, and dark circles brightened. And, of course, the patented peptides in this baby work to erase the look of crow’s feet and wrinkles around the eye (my main reason for using this!).
What do you guys think? Are you as sold as I am?